Brother International engaged COMMSULT to provide IT (Data and Telecommunications engineering), AV and Security design, documentation and administrative consulting services from the Point of Entry to, and including, final termination, and all necessary coordination related to the following phases of the Project and participate in delivery discussions of the services from the street to the Point of Entry. Base Building Consultation; Programming, Block/Stack/Concept Design, Schematic Design, Design Development, Construction Documents, Construction Administration & Bid/Negotiation and Project Closeout. COMMSULT Coordinated with Architect, Client, Consultants, Project Manager, Base Building team and all stakeholders. Brother also required the Documentation of the Method and Sequence of Operations for all existing major systems while providing a comprehensive report of all discrepancies, deficiencies, modifications, upgrades and corrective actions that are required to meet the Program plan. These important objectives were achieved by providing the required project and technology support to ensure a successful project. COMMSULT chose a structured approach, with separately defined phases, as the most effective way to ensure a successful and timely completion of the project. Each project phase includes a number of specific tasks and related activities. Each project phase has been structured to proceed sequentially from inception to completion.
Commsult Engineering also provided engineering and commissioning services for the creation of a Collocation data center and supporting office space. The project scope includes bid and construction documents incorporating the following:
- Creation of project parameters such as space and power requirements, infrastructure redundancy, fire protection and level of security
- Assistance in Collocation provider selection
- Assistance in lease negotiations
- Cabinet, power and telecommunication cabling layout
- Design of UPS power distribution
- Design of air conditioning distribution
- Design of the cabling infrastructure
- Design of smoke detection and fire suppression configurations.
- Security system configuration
- Construction management
- CLIENT Brother International
- Address Bridgewater, NJ
Audio Visual Engineering